2020 caused a huge shift for retail brands, especially for those in the fashion industry. This disruption left many sellers feeling overwhelmed when it came to choosing the right way to better promote products.
Online marketplaces can be extremely valuable for an eCommerce brand as they can help increase sales – so picking the right ones to sell on is key.
In this post, you will discover how sellers rely on online marketplace integrations to increase product visibility across marketplaces, to build a successful omnichannel strategy.
What Should You Know About Online Marketplaces in 2021
Between remote working and lockdowns, the whole shopping experience has changed. Some of the biggest trends that will dominate online fashion marketplaces in 2021 are:
● Niche marketplaces
They provide smaller eCommerce sellers with a competitive advantage.
● Online marketplace ads
Advertising your products on marketplaces needs to be part of your overall marketing strategy to get your products in front of the right people at the right time.
● Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Natural Processing Language (NLP) for translation on marketplaces
The use of these technologies in your product listings can improve listing visibility & performance from buyers around the globe.
Top 5 Online Marketplace Sites for Fashion Brands Selling Globally
If you’re a fashion brand looking to sell globally, here is a list of some of the top online marketplaces with considering today:
- Largest fashion marketplace in Europe
- 380 million views per month
- The average median price of $48
- Carries over 2,070 brands
- Men only account for 31% of the audience
- Connect with customers across North America
- Simple shipping process
- No listing fees
- 20% fee will eat into your profits
- High shipping fees for buyers
- Tap into a huge existing customer base
- Easy to use and navigate
- A popular option for North American & European brands
- Very competitive and saturated
- Need to decide between FBM & FBA
- a Large number of white label and knockoff brands
- Distributed in over 235 countries
- One of the biggest fashion marketplaces in the world
- Primarily focused on women’s fashion
- The average cost of clothing is $26, meaning luxury may not fit there
- Offers a good gender mix for fashion
- Its smaller size makes it easier to stand out against competitors
- Sells mostly luxury, so it’s for a specific niche
The Takeaway: Sell Everywhere With Marketplace Integration
You now know what trends to look forward to in 2021, as well as what online marketplaces are best for fashion.
If you’re trying to expand to new marketplaces, you can leverage the Highstreet.io platform’s flexibility and expertise in marketplace integration.
Top eCommerce brands trust Highstreet.io marketplace integration service as it helps them:
- Avoid processing and invoicing issues before they become problems with our experts in marketplace integration logistics
- Focus on selling what’s in stock by automatically synchronizing your online store inventory as you receive orders with our platform
- Ensure the right products are in the right categories with titles, descriptions, and other attributes using our product data optimization tools
Start Integrating your products with major marketplaces across the world. Get in touch with Highstreet.io experts to discuss the best strategy to reach your goals.