eCommerce is changing and the challenges you had two years ago are different from what they are today. The focus used to be on your physical stores, then your ecommerce site and recently it was marketing your products online on multiple platforms.
What now? The omnichannel shopping experience has grown exponentially. More localized, niche marketplaces are popping up, new ad formats are connecting online searches to physical stores and social channels have become marketplaces.
How do you adapt to these changes in technology and consumer behaviour?
It starts with getting informed on how brands and retailers are competing to attract customers around the globe, the challenges they are facing to list their products in new markets and how to overcome the barriers to omnichannel success.
How to Compete to Attract More Customers
Just like location is important for Brick and Mortar stores, good product placement online is the secret to both Brick and Mortar and eCommerce companies attracting new and existing customers.
In the last few years we’ve seen our customers adapt and change their focus to an omnichannel strategy in order to sell and market their products more effectively around the globe. It’s not just about advertising where your customers are. It’s about listing your products where your customers shop.
Popular options include:
- Online Marketplaces
- Search Engines
- Social Channels
- ECommerce site
- Physical Stores
Challenges Merchants are Facing to List their Products Globally & How to Overcome Them
With all of the options for brands and retailers to sell and market their products online, they’re encountering new challenges that are taking valued time and resources to address. Understanding these challenges and their solutions can help you surpass your competition when marketing and selling your products online.
Here is a list of some issues you might face when expanding your sales and entering new markets.
- IT infrastructure is more complex
- The more channels you list your products on, the more complex your technical infrastructure becomes. Many of our customers use ERPs, PIMs and other platforms to manage their content, images and inventory. When your product data is spread across multiple platforms it becomes more difficult to extract and merge that data to create a set of complete and optimized product data.Highstreet can help you with this issue. We work with all types of platforms to extract the data you need to sell on your channel of choice.
- Product data needs to be customized for different channels
- Depending on the channel you are listing your products on you’ll need to create customized feeds for different platforms. This is a requirement of many platforms like Google Shopping, Amazon, Facebook and Instagram. To take this one step further, if you are selling across multiple countries and currencies there are further customizations.Working with highly technical feed customizations is part of our Advanced Product Data Feed Solution. We work with you to ensure your product data is being displayed correctly and in the right order. We can also work with you to add the data that’s missing so you can compete with other online merchants.
- Onboarding with new marketplaces is time consuming and labor intensive
- Integrating with large or even smaller niche marketplaces can be extremely time consuming. Things like order management, product listing upload & synchronization and handling the integration of sales, tax and shipping data can be confusing and frustrating for each individual marketplace you take on.Highstreet.io’s platform and marketplace integration service allows you to take the marketplaces you’re listed with and centralize them on an easy to use dashboard. Instead of checking with each individual marketplace for your order statuses you can see them all in one place.
- Local store inventory needs to reflect updated stock availability for online advertising
- WIth the rise of Local Inventory Ads being available in more countries around the world, retailers and brands are having to figure out logistics related to how they get accurate product information, stock availability and store data working together to create effective ads that draw online shoppers in-store. Merging all of this data from different sources is not easy.With Highstreet.io you can extract the data you need to create effective LIA campaigns. We create the feeds for your local campaigns, offering white labelled customized landing pages you can host on your site to drive more customers in store.
Your online success is just a click away!
The first step to addressing the challenges of a new omnichannel shopping experience is to offload some of the tasks associated with expanding your product listings online. We can help your team take on the tech so you don’t have to.
To get started, book a free consultation with Highstreet.io.